Most people are living in an illusion based on someone else’s beliefs.Jen Sincero
Our personal power lies in the way we perceive ourselves. We are all born into this world with no preconceived thoughts, beliefs, or worries accompanying us. But as we grow, our minds get accustomed to beliefs and ideas from external world, where we adopt others’ beliefs like those of parents, guardians, caregivers, teachers, friends and people around us. Our beliefs and thoughts get further influenced by environment we grow up in, place, culture, religion, and world in general. As a result, we grow up believing thoughts and ideas that have been passed onto us as something real. And we continue to live with such beliefs no matter how limiting they are in nature.
Thoughts limiting by nature lead to fault identification with self and make you feel not deserving or good enough, or capable enough to go after the life you want. As a result, we end up living life in a limited way thereby forgetting our power to change them. This is because our self-perception gets based on someone else’s belief or opinion that we have accepted as truth.
Nature of our mind.
As humans, our mind is conscious and subconscious. The conscious mind is the place where we process all our information, criticise, analyse, decide or worry. In a way, it works throughout the day along with you and rests when you do. Then there is subconscious mind that is always on and is a non-analytical part that acts as a storehouse of information. It stores our feelings, thoughts, beliefs and memories that are outside of our conscious awareness. Over the time, all the beliefs, ideas and opinions that are accepted by our conscious mind are channelled into our deeper subconscious. And it is these beliefs sitting deep within our subconscious mind that influence our life to a larger extent either positively or negatively.
Power of our subconscious mind
Our subconscious mind otherwise holds no judgment and accepts and believes everything we say. It doesn’t know the difference between right and wrong, good and bad or between what’s true and what’s not. It only manifests what you feed it and turns our words, ideas into convictions and translates them into mental affirmations and habitual actions. So, when you let thoughts connected with worries, fears, anger or unhappiness occupy your mind most of the time, or keep occupying your mind with inner conversation about negative situations and actions, they subsequently affect the subconscious mind, which accepts them as real. In other words, it regards the thoughts and beliefs that get lodged inside it as real situations and strives to make these words and thoughts as a reality.
Subconscious mind is like a computer where if you put negative thoughts in, then negative experiences come out. Similarly, positive thoughts result in positive experiences. Words and thoughts that are repeated often get stronger, sink into the subconscious. And those ideas and beliefs that are dominant in our subconscious mind will ultimately take control of our behaviour, actions and reactions.
So, in order to break yourself free of your old conditioned limited patterns of thinking, you must first reprogram your subconscious with positive words and affirmations to create a positive change. When you constantly feed it with positivity, they manifest themselves into your reality.
Reprogramming your subconscious mind
Repeating positive affirmations shape our subconscious mind which in turn motivates and inspires us to change our behaviour and attitude in accordance with the words we are saying. By changing your way of speaking and changing your way of expressing your thoughts, you can reprogram your subconscious mind to new patterns of thought or belief. Our spoken words are important as they are the foundation of what we constantly create in our lives.
Similarly, the thoughts that we express through our words shape our life because our choice of words return to us as experiences. And this includes the way we talk to ourselves inwardly and to others around us. Since the words and phrases we say are extensions of our thoughts, they can be used to retrain our thinking in positive patterns and have power to change our subconscious beliefs. When you become conscious of what you are feeding your subconscious, you can begin to change your thinking to positive patterns.
An affirmation opens the way to change what you are saying to your subconscious mind. For instance, affirming that “I am willing to change”, you are saying to yourself that you are aware that there is something you can do to change and you are taking responsibility to let go of your limited patterns and open yourself to new. Instead of letting yourself fall back into old conditioned ways of thinking, you can make a conscious choice to enter into a positive and healthy mental space through power of affirmations to change the story you feed to your subconscious. When you repeat positive words and thoughts, and choose to question your limiting beliefs or thoughts, you are clearly declaring your desires in a positive way to create something new in your life.
- Pay attention to what you say to yourself on a regular basis. Instead of lamenting about what you don’t want, say more of what you want to create more of it. Let go using limiting and negative words. Use more of present tense, such as “I am” or “I have” and avoid using “should” and “have to” in your affirmation.
- Declare your own personal truths in the form of positive statements. Choose to move away from the limiting beliefs and let go of your negative thought patterns Negative sentences direct our subconscious mind towards our weaknesses whereas positive words awaken in the mind a mental image of strength.
- Start building positive affirmations based on thoughts like “I am worthwhile”, “I am deserving”, “I allow myself to change and to grow”, “I love and approve of myself” to start with. Choose to move away from the limiting beliefs you have been holding onto and let them go.
- Choose conscious words, sentences and words in your conversation with yourself to create new situations and circumstances in your subconscious. Affirm positive sentences with strong belief and attention to let them materialise the intention of the words and phrases in the outside.
- Refrain from making derogatory remarks about yourself and others because they will not create good experiences for you. Don’t belittle others either. The subconscious mind doesn’t distinguish between you and others. It hears words, and it believes you are talking about yourself. Because you only see in others what you see in yourself.
Being aware of the power of the power of your subconscious mind lets you transform yourself into whatever you wish to be. Be aware of your words and use them to make positive connection with your subconscious, because even on the smallest level, if you change the way you talk, you are in a way making your subconscious change your experiences and thereby change your life for better. Harness the power of your subconscious to realise your true worth, to understand yourself better and to become more enthusiastic on the path to achieve your happiness.